The other day my colleague asked me if I wanted a pumpkin because they grew some in their garden. What she then gave me was monstrously huge pumpkin and I had to use a sword to cut it. Anyhow, it inspired me to make this easy and delicious pumpkin soup.
- 300 g pumpkin.
- 1 ginger around the size of your thumb.
- 1 red onion.
- 1 green chili (optional).
- 200 ml coconut milk.
- 1 tea spoon nutmeg.
- First, prepare the pumpkin. The easiest way is to bake the pumpkin because the skin will be soft and easily removable. cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds. Then bake for some 15 -20 minutes at 180°C or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Now you should be able to easily remove its skin.
- Dice the onion and cut the ginger (and chili) in smaller pieces. Add the onion, ginger and pumpkin into a blender and mix everything until soft.
- You will need to add around 0.5 - 1 liter of water. The mixture should be soft and thick.
Transfer everything into a pot, add nutmeg and bring to boil. When the soup starts boiling, add coconut milk and salt according to your taste.
- When you add the coconut milk you should stir the soup frequently.
- The instance the soup starts boiling again, remove from heat.
- Serve with parsley on top and a slice of bread.