This recipe is free from oils and salt and it’s according to the rules of plant-based diets; however, you can add them for taste. In this recipe, we’ve used spiral pasta made from whole grains, but you can replace it with penne or spaghetti.
Ingredients: (for two people)
- 18 grams of spiral pasta boiled and cooked according to the packet instructions.
1 medium onion cut into rings.
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper cut lengthwise.
- 1 broccoli head cut into small florets.
- 2 cups fresh spinach washed and cut.
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms cut lengthwise (optional).
- 3 tbsp soy sauce.
- Spices: sumac, black pepper, dried basil (as desired), salt (optional).
- Bring a pot and add a little of water to a boil over medium heat.
- When water boils, add the onion and the pepper and mix until softened. Add more water when necessary.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms and toss a little with the onion and the bell pepper.
- Add the spinach and a little water until softened.
- Keep tossing around until all the veggies are tender. Then add the spices and the soy sauce (it’s preferably to not add salt since the soy sauce is salty) turn heat down, place a lid, and leave it for 5 minutes.
- It’s suitable now to add the boiled pasta to absorb the flavor and toss for another 5 minuets.
- You can skip this step it you prefer the pasta without any extras.
- It’s best served with lentil soup or green salad with chickpeas or boiled beans for a full vegan dish.
Spinach is rich in iron, but your body needs vitamin C to absorb it; therefore, we add broccoli which is rich in vitamin C.