Gate to Wellness friends at a wellness clinic in Spain love to create alternative recipes! This Almond Nougat recipe is delicious, and best of all, it’s healthy too!
- 3 cups of toasted almonds.
- 1 cup of buckwheat.
- Half a cup of blended dates or raisins.
- Half a cup almond butter.
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- 1 cup of rice malt syrup (or any natural syrup).
- Toast the buckwheat in a pan at a medium to low heat until it golden's.
- Blend 2 cups of almonds with the buckwheat well. Chop up the remaining cup of almonds in a chopping board.
- Mix all the almonds (both the blended ones and the chopped ones) with the buckwheat and dates/raisins.
- Heat the rice malt syrup, almond butter and peanut butter in a pan. Once it’s hot, turn the heat off, and add the previous mix (almonds, buckwheat and dates/raisins) and mix everything well.
- Mix everything well and transfer it into a flat pan. Flatten the whole mix by hand until it’s uniform and flat and let it harden for 2 hours in the fridge.